I am currently in the process of redesigning the Bakcheion. (My temple space, not the website.)
When complete it will have a purification station, a divination station, and nine shrines to Dionysos, each representing a festival from our calendar and the different ways he manifests through them.
Today I worked out the epithets for the shrines:
- Lenaia = Bromios (βρόμιος) – “Noisy”
- Anthesteria = Phleos (Φλέως) – “Who Causes to Swell”
- The Dionysia = Melpomenos (Μελπόμενος) – “Who Celebrates with Song and Dance”
- Agrionia = Thurepanoiktes (θὐρεπανοίκτης) – “Opener of the Door”
- Aletideia = Eubouleos (Εὐβουλεος) – “Of Good Counsel”
- Pannychia = Asterios (Ἀστέριος) – “Starry”
- Oschophoria = Nyktelios (Νυκτέλιος) – “Nocturnal”
- Lampteria = Morychos (Μόρυχος) – “Dark”
- Foundation Day = Bakcheios (Βάκχειος) [Óðr] – “Frenzied”
I think this new arrangement will help me connect with Dionysos on a deeper level. At least that is my hope.
Once I have everything set up I’ll take some pics and share them with y’all.