I am not now nor have I ever been a member of the National Socialist German Workers’ Party or any group in any way associated with them – and it’s really rather insulting for certain individuals to assert otherwise.
To begin with I am a bisexual whose partners (with the exception of my wife and a half-Black Portuguese dude) have all been polytheists with Jewish ancestry. I am also mixed race, predominantly Southern Italian and Blackfoot Indian, and I have several chronic ailments and pain conditions, as well as likely suffering from mental illness. All of which means I would have much more probably been in a concentration camp than running one.
Secondarily, I have made it abundantly clear that I do not subscribe to Leftist ideologies and that is where both Nazism and Fascism fall on the political spectrum, as should be made abundantly clear by the Socialist and Workers’ Party portion of the NSDAP name. But of course anyone can claim they are anything they want (my accuser claims to be a Hellenic Reconstructionist) but the proof is in their policies. For instance, did you know that the Nazis passed the first anti-tobacco law and some of the first animal rights and environmental legislation? And that’s not even touching on the 25-point program they introduced when they came to power, which included such notions as:
- We demand that the state be charged first with providing the opportunity for a livelihood and way of life for its citizens.
- All citizens must have equal rights and obligations.
- The first obligation of every citizen must be to productively work mentally or physically. The activity of individuals is not to counteract the interests of the collective, but must have its result within the framework of the whole for the benefit of all. Consequently, we demand:
- Abolition of unearned work and labour incomes. Breaking of debt (interest)-slavery.
- In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.
- We demand the nationalisation of all associated industries and trusts.
- We demand a division of profits of all heavy industries.
- We demand an expansion on a large scale of old age welfare.
- We demand the creation of a healthy middle class and its conservation, immediate communalization of the great warehouses and their being leased at low cost to small firms, the utmost consideration of all small firms in contracts with the State, county or municipality.
- We demand a land reform suitable to our needs, provision of a law for the free expropriation of land for the purposes of public utility, abolition of taxes on land and prevention of all speculation in land.
- We demand struggle without consideration against those whose activity is injurious to the general interest. Common national criminals, usurers, profiteers and so forth are to be punished with death, without consideration of confession or race.
- The state is to care for elevating national health by protecting the mother and child and by outlawing child-labor.
I mean, I can get down with some of that but mostly I think it’s rubbish, especially when you add in the racism and body count. Sure, the Nazis only killed a couple million compared to the astronomically higher Soviet and Chinese death tolls, but that’s still not something to sneeze at. Of course this may not be a point my inquisitor properly comprehends, as they have (re)posted content advocating politically motivated violence numerous times (such as here, here, here and here) as well as doxxing my wife (whom they rather creepily compulsively post about) and trying to get their Leftist buddies to show up at her school. (Which they failed at, like everything else in their life.)
I will unreservedly commend the Nazi fashion sense – the SS had uniforms designed by Hugo Boss for the baby Jesus’ sake! – but the rest is crap. I mean, sure, Hitler may have managed to pull Germany out of the great recession but the socioeconomic policies of the Third Reich were by and large failures and even if they had managed to defeat the Allies nothing short of total Eurasian conquest would have staved off a swift and devastating reckoning such as Venezuela is currently experiencing. In other words, like all Socialist and Communist states Nazi Germany’s catastrophic collapse was practically inevitable – thus hardly something to admire, let alone emulate.
Now, that is not to say that Nazi intellectuals and artists as well as subsequent Hitler fanboys have not said things worth contemplating, but you don’t need to buy into the whole corrupt system to harvest a decent nugget or three. Usually, I have found that someone else said it better – especially if they are Libertarian, Rad-Trad, Tribalist, Anarchoprimitivist, Neo-Feudalist or some other properly right-wing ideologue.
I know that my interlocutor is not in the habit of using the preferred pronouns of transfolk (particularly condescending when PSVL has gone to the trouble of clearly posting them), but I would appreciate it if you would refrain from ascribing political beliefs to me which I do not share and have vociferously condemned numerous times in the past. (Incidentally, I do not see how showing off my awesome facial hair and mocking conservatives for over-reacting to a commercial makes me “transphobic” but OK, we are living in a weird world these days. I guess we’ll just forget that time I ran a fundraiser to buy a transman a dick. Odd thing for someone of my hateful disposition to do, wouldn’t you say?)