Playing pranks on April 1st is just too obvious when you’re a fool all the rest of the year. (As I am, and proudly so!) So instead I’ll post some links that I find amusing for various reasons.
* Is the soul of a woman to be found in her vagina? I’m not sure, but it sounds like a good place to start looking!
* There’s a dispute in a rural village about the harvest, which leads some of his neighbors to show up on Horion’s doorstep waving a fetus around to cast a spell on him. Apparently it works as he lets them take the harvest unopposed. This sounds like the premise of a Rob Zombie flick.
* The Lycurgus cup. If you don’t know about it, you should. It’ll mess with your brain trying to figure out how the ancient Romans did it.
* 5 inspiring religions that worship penises. Why isn’t Greco-Egyptian polytheism on there, damn it?!? Otherwise an exceptional piece of scholarship.
* Boy, those ancient Greeks liked their phalloi!
* Spider-Man supports Planned Parenthood by fighting a villain that wants girls to be baby machines with no future. That’s why you’re my hero, Peter Parker!
* Speaking of things that should have been aborted, there’s a “Steampunk” Sarah Palin comic book.
* Dear Sriracha Rooster Sauce. Man, I’d be so screwed without this stuff.
* Vegan Zombie.
* All life on earth could have come from alien zombies. No, seriously.
* Soon, Christianity is going to be really brown and really hateful of the West. All things inevitably revert to form.
* Just thinking about Christianity makes people more racist.
* Going to church can make you fat.
*PETA is calling for more “animal-inclusive” language in the Bible.
* Martyrdom across the centuries. I was going to mock up something along these lines during the great “transies”/dianic debate but my artistic skills are pretty much equivalent to that.
* Abraham Lincoln riding a grizzly bear. There’s other awesome presidential stuff there, too.